December 4, 2010

DAY THREE

3. What is true love?

Today, just because it is today, this question sucks. I used to think I knew what true love was, despite all the "grown-ups" telling me I didn't. I loved him with this almost pathetic fire, it consumed that much of my life. Everything I did was due to that love, although people tended to view my actions a little differently.  They saw the fighting and the bitch-drama and how jealous and possessive I was. But they weren't in our relationship. I got jealous because sometimes I was afraid he didn't love me like I loved him and I acted out negatively for his attention and whatever, my life revolved around this unstable love.

Still, though, he started molding my thoughts as to what real true love is. Love is when you're so comfortable around someone that his and your imperfections and perfections all meld together, and you could be seriously happy with just laying around all day, soaking in each other's laughter and stories and "I love you" vibes. It's when effort isn't something on the forefront of your mind, because you wouldn't think to put in any less than 110% into the relationship. And, sure, you would do anything for that person, you would let them leave if they wanted to, but there's that peaceful feeling because you know they wouldn't think twice to ever leave what you two have. True love is like that perfect, deep exhale after holding your breath for forever too long, but it doesn't just last for a few seconds until you have to breathe in again...it's like a 24/7 woosh of feel-good. 

Sure, you may struggle, you may slip up, but you know you're secure. You're safe. That's love.

On that note, go here. Please. It's fantastic: letters to crushes. That is all. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment